My private practice is based in the beautiful Hunua Ranges (near Papakura), and allows clients to experience not only counselling, but also offers the opportunity to connect with nature and be welcomed by our friendly crew of birds, pets, and wildlife.
As a counsellor my first task is to help you feel as comfortable as possible. It can be challenging to meet someone for the first time and then start telling them all sorts of information.
I do this by opening the space and introducing myself and telling you a little about myself and then invite you to do the same.
I will then outline my responsibility to ensure your information is kept confidential and any legal and ethical exceptions under the New Zealand Association of Counsellors (NZAC) Ethical Guidelines.
I like to then ask you why might be seeking counselling and what your expectations of the process might be. If you don’t have the answers that is absolutely fine.
You and I can work together to…
- Identify and achieve your goals
- Introduce new ways to improve your life
- Explore your thoughts, feelings and behaviours that may be keeping you stuck
- Discover who you are as a person and what beliefs might be holding you back
- Collaborate on how you can improve the world you are living in with those you care about
- Make decisions that you are struggling with
- How to find your voice
- Identify what supports you may be need or find helpful
You have the power to decide how many sessions you wish to attend, and if you decide you would rather see someone else – I will not be at all offended, as it is very important that you feel as comfortable as possible with whomever you are working with.
If there is any danger of harm to yourself or to someone else, please be aware this is not a crisis service.
Please see services below for Crisis Support.